海外記事拾いました
———————
NEWJEANS ARE THE MOST BORING PERFORMERS OF 4TH GEN

A REDDIT POST WENT BIGLY VIRAL!!!! A LOT OF GOOD PEOPLE AGREED. NEWJEANS ARE EXTREMELY BORING PERFORMERS!!

EVERYTHING ABOUT THAT GROUP IS MEDIOCRE…

—————

I think that New Jeans is boring to watch on stage

I have been getting back into kpop this year and listening to some 4th gen groups. I liked a couple of New Jeans early songs. And though I didn’t really vibe with Get Up, I wanted to check out [some of their recent stages]( because they’re obviously very popular.

But man are they boring to watch on stage. I find their delivery to be very flat and monotonous and they even often look bored themselves. Their dancing is okay. They are executing all the moves, but it all feels robotic. I’m really surprised because I’ve seen people say their dancing is hip hop style??? but it doesn’t have any swag or groove.

I think part of it is that the music is subdued. I checked out some stages for their faster songs from the recent album and it's a little better but I still get the same bored feeling. (Though I will say there is one girl who stands out more than the rest. But I don't know her name.) I guess this is intentional on their part, to be anti kpop’s bombastic tendencies. But boy, the lack of expression in conjunction with the monotonous music…

I can’t help but compare it to some other groups (chill please, seriously please relax) who performed on that same show. Like [XG](
) who felt so natural and smooth like they were having genuine fun up there. I really see the hip hop influence and style. Or [Itzy](
) still has a lot of charisma even during the simple parts of their choreo (on second watch mainly Ryujin maybe??). These groups are full of expression whether the choreo is complicated (XG) or simpler (Itzy).

Although, I will say that it’s not just New Jeans. I have felt this way about other popular 4th Gen girl groups’ dancing/performances. But in those cases the music was able to carry a bit.