ホーリーの発言の詳細及びその後のマカスキルのツイッターでの発言のまとめ

Josh Hawley faces criticism after blaming sex trafficking on 1960s’ sexual revolution
http://www.kansascity.com/news/local/news-columns-blogs/the-buzz/article197603534.html

During a speech to pastors in Kansas City in December, Missouri Attorney General Josh Hawley linked the problem of sex trafficking to the sexual revolution of the 1960s.

12月のカンザスシティでの演説でホーリーは女性の性的な搾取の問題を1960年代の女性解放運動と結びつけた

“We have a human trafficking crisis in our state and in this city and in our country because people are willing to purchase women, young women, and treat them like commodities.
There is a market for it. Why is there? Because our culture has completely lost its way.
The sexual revolution has led to exploitation of women on a scale that we would never have imagined, never have imagined,” Hawley told the crowd in audio obtained this week by The Star.

女性解放運動が現在の女性への性的搾取、売春を引き起こしたとホーリーは述べた

McCaskill responded to the controversy over Hawley’s comments on Twitter Wednesday evening. She also took a jab at Hawley’s background as a graduate from Stanford University and Yale Law School.

“I didn’t go to one of those fancy private schools, but the history I learned in public schools & Mizzou taught me that the evidence of trafficking of women for sex goes back to before 2000 BC.
It didn’t begin with women’s rights and the birth control pill,” McCaskill said in a tweet.

マカスキルはさっそくツイッターで反論
「私は(ホーリーのような)立派な私立学校には通ってないけど、売春は大昔からあったと公立学校では教わった
女性の権利向上と避妊薬のせいで売春が蔓延した、などという事はない」

マカスキルのキャンペーンではホーリーと以前のトッド・エイキンを結びつける動きが出ているようだ